Darling Ingredients is seeking an Equipment Operator / Production Associate to join our production team at our plant located in Linkwood, MD. This is a key role that will be responsible for processing feathers from the pit to grinding room while maintaining proper cooking temperature for moisture content, etc.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – Earn $900-$1,000 per week on average!
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Job Summary: Process feathers from pit to grinding room, maintaining proper cooking temperature for moisture content, etc. Maintain safe and productive operation of feather drier and hydrolizer.
- Perform start-up, operation and shut down procedures for all processing equipment.
- Maintains processing areas cleanliness.
- Monitors systems associated with the processing of feathers, such as screws, belts, conveyors, etc. to get the material to the cooker, screw press, and dryer and then transfer the good product to the grinding room.
- Determine if the meal is properly cooked, dried and ready to be sent to the grinding room for further processing or if it needs additional processing.
- Assist when a situation arises in getting the desired results of producing a superior quality product.
- Communicate with all personnel when a problem presents itself to help eliminate the problem and communicate with proper personnel about operations, etc. (other operators to include the maintenance boiler operators).
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to assess product quality by means of touch, smell, feel, and sight as directed.
- Ability to analyze a situation and pursue an effective course of action to resolve problems maintaining safety and quality.
- General math skills.
- Physical Demands:
- Handle and move 55 gallon drums using proper PPE and safety equipment.
- Stand for entire shift.
- Climb stairs numerous times per shift.
- Typical industrial plant environment.
- Must be able to work in a hot and dusty environment.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. Know Your Rights: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplacediscrimination-illegal-poster