Darling Ingredients is seeking a Transportation Supervisor to join our team at our location in Branchville, SC. This is a high impact role that is responsible for supervision of drivers and fleet related activities for a designated region.
This position will be scheduled to work Monday-Friday, from 7:00am-5:00pm.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Very attractive compensation: Averaging between $800-$1,000 a week!
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
Responsible for supervision of drivers and fleet related activities for a designated region.
- Responsible for scheduling, distributing, monitoring, and following-up all daily work assignments and ensures that the necessary resources are available to ensure that customers are serviced in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Performs daily tasks related to routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area while simultaneously maintaining compliance with both DOT rules and regulations and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Procurement and Marketing Representatives in both maintaining/growing the Valley Proteins’ customer base and addressing/resolving in a timely manner any service-related issue that may arise.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Ensures that Valley Proteins’ drivers and contract carriers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations/policies and procedures.
- Monitors on-board recording device data to ensure all fleet units are operating properly; excellent equipment use and utilization; availability of drivers Hours of Service and related follow up; and route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting or exceeding established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of all performance related issues and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Supervise employees to include; coaching and counseling, driver training, and driver scheduling and overtime.
- Recruit, develop and retain hourly truck drivers to support the goals of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a common safety culture by assuring the identification and control of workplace hazards for all employees to reduce recordable injuries.
- Expected to perform other duties as required.
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, Omnitracs, Sapphire, SAP, Scale Administrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of the service area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State DOT guidelines, OSHA, HAZMAT and other relevant governmental and industrial standards and policies.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- To be effective, the operations supervisor communicates both internally with management, employees, supporting staff and externally with customers.
- Able to analyze situations accurately and pursue an effective course of action.
- Meets assigned goals and objectives.
- CDL “A” License with tanker endorsement and current DOT physical is preferred.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. Know Your Rights: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplacediscrimination-illegal-poster