Darling Ingredients is looking for a non-certified Wastewater Operator to join our environmental team at our plant in Linville, VA, which is located near Harrisonburg, VA. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in beginning a career working in the environmental field.
This position will be scheduled to work Monday-Saturday, from 11:30pm-8:00am.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $700-$800/week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Training and growth – You will receive intensive training for your role with a dedicated trainer. Skilled performers are taught how to operate other machines around the facility.
- Advancement Opportunities– We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
Working under the direction of the department supervisor and manager, this position is responsible for performing daily activities as it relates to the wastewater operation at the plant.
- Sample wastewater daily and record data.
- Perform daily maintenance of wastewater system.
- Prepare wastewater and finished product samples for lab.
- Monitor plant water to assure quality and proper chemical balance.
- Adjust chemicals and equipment as needed to maintain proper balance of water quality.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance on wastewater control and treatment equipment.
- Ensure that sprayers are being utilized on the correct fields and in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Assist in sludge disposal.
- Pumps sludge, drains tanks, cleans DAF and water clarification unit.
- Monitors, maintains, and cleans equipment for Odor Control System.
- Performs related tasks as required to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of process control techniques, maintenance procedures, and safe work practices.
- Above average math skills.
- Ability to perform routine on-site maintenance and emergency repairs of treatment equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Move 55 gallon drums using proper equipment.
- Climb ladders to heights in excess of 20 feet.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: Typically works in an industrial plant environment. Must work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster