Darling Ingredients is looking for a Vehicle/Heavy Equipment Maintenance Mechanic to join our vehicle maintenance team in Linkwood, MD. This is a pivotal role where you will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of our fleet.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $1,000-$1,100 per week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Repairs company fleet to meet DOT standards and to be dependable on public highways. Performs preventive maintenance service on company fleet to minimize down time and make modifications to company fleet as directed by management and according to company and manufacturers’ specifications and guidelines to meet employer’s needs.
- Perform scheduled service on all vehicles.
- Perform inspections.
- Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights.
- Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant mechanical experience.
- Possess strong mechanical abilities relative to fleet.
- Own tools.
- High level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs.
- High competence on all truck/trailer systems.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding preferred.
- Engine/transmission rebuilds a plus, but not necessary.
- Valid CDL driver license a plus, but not necessary.
- Stooping, bending, and squatting.
- Climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet using all proper PPE.
- Climb stairs frequently.
- Lift weight up to 50 pounds.
- Typical truck shop environment. Noise level is high to loud.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster