Darling Ingredients is looking for Plant Maintenance Mechanics / Welders to join our team at our plant in Linville, VA, which is located near Harrisonburg, VA. This is a pivotal role where you will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and installing plant equipment and machinery, in order to ensure safe, timely and efficient operation of all plant machinery and equipment.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – Earn $1,100-$1,300 per week on average.
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
Under supervision, maintains, repairs, and installs plant equipment and machinery, in order to ensure safe, timely and efficient operation of all plant machinery and equipment.
- Maintain all plant equipment to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.
- Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are accomplished according to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager’s direction.
- Comply with all safety and good Manufacturing practices.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience working in a mechanical role in a manufacturing environment focused on process improvement.
- Welding experience necessary
- Analytical thinking skills, problem solving ability required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer application skills in a network environment.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Experience in screw conveyor operation and repair, gear box and motor operation and repair, and general industrial troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Welding certification preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
- Hot and wet industrial plant environment.
- Must be able to deal with strong odors.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster