Do you have industrial maintenance experience? Imagine a career earning the best total compensation and benefits package in the area while maintaining an exciting variety of equipment in one of the safest facilities in Illinois!
This is a fantastic time to join the team at a leading global food manufacturer that is experiencing tremendous growth!
This position is a 2-2-3 schedule (12-hour shifts- 7pm-7am) You will only work 15 days per month, and you're off 180 days a year! Plenty of overtime available if you want it, too!
Bunge is looking for a Maintenance Technician for their Channahon, IL facility.
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
- Great pay – Starting at $35/hr. with certification opportunities to make more!
- Great benefits – Medical insurance (Bunge covers 77% of the cost), group vision and dental, FSA and HSA.
- Very attractive 401(k) – Bunge will contribute equal to 5% of your eligible compensation each pay period plus matches 100% of the first 3% of your salary when you contribute and 50% of the next 2%. That means that if you contribute 5%, Bunge will contribute 9% of your salary!
- Gain Sharing Incentive – Up to 5% of your base wages plus overtime earned during the Plan Period (January 1st through December 31st).
- 2 weeks of vacation starting next year – 1 week of vacation after 6 months for current year, and also 10 paid holidays.
- New Equipment – Bunge is investing $2 million in capital improvements including new conveyor lines, softeners and more. New equipment means less breakdowns, making your job easier and giving you an opportunity to learn about the latest and greatest technologies.
- Career Advancement – There is room to grow into higher-level roles and even a Supervisor at this location or others.
- Zero-incident culture – Safety always comes before profit and production.
- Bunge “living well” program – Through health incentives you can earn up to $200 per year through achievement of health and wellness goals.
- Stability – Bunge operates over 100 facilities throughout North America and continues to grow through acquisition. The Channahon plant, specifically, is the flagship plant for Bunge oil operations and steers the course for much of the industry!
If you have maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, this is a career you need to explore. Mechanics with a mechanical or electrical specialty will be given preference!
- Repair gearboxes, drive couplings, chain drives, and belt drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps, centrifugal, piston, rotary and other positive displacement pumps
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plan for and take corrective action; make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Participate and maintain a safe work environment
- Timely completion of tasks and work orders with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, applicable standards, guidelines and policies
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Requires strong work ethic, dependability, and a high level of dedication to safety
- Must be willing to train for advancement
- Must be able to work a rotating shift
- Data entry in Excel and SAP
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.