Enjoy earning great pay and benefits as you utilize your installation and/or field service skills at an incredibly stable company celebrating their 50th year in business. Learn an in-demand craft taught by an experienced team of technicians while being provided with all the essentials you need to complete the job, such as a tool allowance, uniform allowance, and a company truck!
Apple Door Systems is seeking a Field Technician to join their highly experienced team in Richmond, VA.
If you have door and access installation experience, this is a career you need to explore!
Carpentry, construction, window installation, deck building, and framer experience is also applicable.
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join the Apple Door Systems Team:
- Competitive Pay: $22-$26/hr depending on experience
- Excellent Benefits: Health Insurance nearly 100% paid for, 401K with company match, dental, free vision
- Tool Allowance: $500 tool allowance and a $150 uniform allowance
- No Micromanagement! You run your own truck the way you want to.
- Sign On Bonus: $1,500 after 90-days of employment
- Take Home Truck – Save hundreds of $$ per month on gas with a take home company truck. For work and commuting purposes only.
- Incredibly stable company, rain or shine you will be able to get your hours
- Great Company Culture: Be a part of the community with Apple Door Systems as they contribute in meaningful ways to the surrounding community
- Reviewing Work Order information for accuracy and completeness before departing for job.
- Ensuring truck is fueled, serviced, and ready for operation prior to beginning of workday. Regularly handing in fuel receipts.
- Ensuring truck is restocked with appropriate material, parts, and tools daily.
- Notifying supervisor of any required vehicle repairs in writing.
- Reading instruction manuals for all products installed in a service environment before attempting to install.
- Learning the basics of track alignment, track adjustment, horizontal leveling with slight raise, adequate back hangs, operator arm and photo eye setting.
- Verifying address at customer location.
- Installing door and associated system components as indicated on work order.
- Checking adjustment on all operators.
- Checking for proper door installation and clearances.
- Checking for appropriate UL 325 operator reversing operation and properly documenting any deficiencies.
- Checking all set screws, rollers, cables and balance, horizontal and vertical track settings.
- Checking balance on doors with operator disconnected.
- Oiling and lubricating all rollers and springs with proper motor oil (not “WD-40”).
- Placing appropriate I.D. tags on doors and operators.
- Cleaning up all trash from job site.
- Removing all handprints from door and clean the glass.
- Leaving notification if anything is wrong (i.e. – bad operator, etc.).
- Leaving warranties and instruction manuals with customer.
- Explaining how door and operator works if customer is present.
- Responding to customer questions in a truthful and pleasant manner.
- Accurately recording all Work Order site information, installation comments (headroom or other problems).
- Accurately recording date and key number for each job, as well as serial numbers of door and Operators.
- Accurately recording all material used.
- Noting what actions need to be taken if the job cannot be finished or is not completed.
- Ensuring job site is safe and all materials are out of the way upon completion.
- Holding and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
- Wearing all personal protection safety equipment as directed by safety coordinator.
- Must possess a current valid Virginia’s driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a standard drug test.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to understand and work with common power tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and carry for a distance of up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to read and write legibly and accurately.
- Must be able to walk and carry items on uneven ground.
- Must be able to climb and work from a 12’ stepladder.
- Must be able to safely drive a pick-up truck during the day, at night, and in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills to allow basic addition and subtraction.
About the company:
While we specialize in garage doors, we also sell and install all types of access products for your home or business. Since 1973 we have been serving Virginians with the finest products backed up by professional service. Our service and installation trucks are manned with the best trained, most well equipped technicians in the business.
We are proud to showcase our products in six locations throughout Virginia. You'll find Apple Door stores in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Waynesboro, Williamsburg, and Chesapeake. Each location has a fully staffed showroom and customer service center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.