Are you an experienced welder that is interested in expanding your skills and advancing your career? Join a team that is committed to your professional growth by offering training and tuition reimbursement, along with competitive compensation, consistent hours, and an outstanding benefits package.
Confab, a division of Wastequip, the largest waste handling and disposal equipment manufacturer in California, is seeking experienced Welders to join their Galt, CA team.
- 1+ years of Welding experience and/or training preferred
- High school diploma or GED
Why Welders join the Wastequip team:
- Competitive Compensation - $22.82 – $24.86/hr based on experience, plus overtime opportunities
- Advancement & Growth – Pay Increases and Promotion opportunities every 6 months
- Full Benefits Package – Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Prescription, Company-paid life insurance · Short-term & long-term disability, Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Service, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Paid Time Off – Enjoy 2 weeks of vacation, and 11 paid holidays your first year
- Schedule – Monday –Friday 5am – 3:30pm, and overtime opportunities
- Plus, Employee appreciation events, lunches, and holiday parties.
Welder Essential Duties:
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds work pieces
- Welds along vertical, horizontal, and overhead weld lines
- Connects regulator valves to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders for cutting torch. Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch, and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain desired flame. Holds & guides torch at proper angle to cut metal
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Scarfs or grooves welds and parts
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or splatter
- Other duties as assigned
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move 90 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, & depth perception
About Wastequip: Headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing and service facilities throughout North America, Wastequip is the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip is the only manufacturer to offer a full line of steel and plastic products to collect, handle and transport just about any type of waste and recyclables.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.