Are you an experienced transportation field professional that would benefit from a career with an essential, industry leading manufacturer where your expertise can make a larger impact? Experience a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow while earning a great compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our team at our Linkwood, MD plant location. This is a high impact role responsible for the supervision of drivers and fleet related activities for a designated region.
As a Transportation Supervisor with Darling Ingredients, you can expect:
- Very attractive compensation
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- PC skills and knowledge of or the ability to learn various computer applications (MS Office, Omnitracs, Sapphire, SAP, Scale Administrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of the geographical area.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Federal and State DOT guidelines, OSHA, HAZMAT and other relevant governmental and industrial standards and policies.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- To be effective, the operations supervisor communicates both internally with management, employees, supporting staff and externally with customers.
Essential Functions of the Transportation Supervisor:
- Responsible for scheduling, distributing, monitoring, and following-up all daily work assignments and ensures that the necessary resources are available to ensure that customers are serviced in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Performs daily tasks related to routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area while simultaneously maintaining compliance with both DOT rules and regulations and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Ensures that Darling Ingredients’ drivers and contract carriers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations/policies and procedures.
- Monitors on-board recording device data to ensure all fleet units are operating properly; excellent equipment use and utilization; availability of drivers Hours of Service and related follow up; and route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting or exceeding established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of all performance related issues and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Supervise employees to include; coaching and counseling, driver training, and driver scheduling and overtime.
About the Company: For over 70 years, Darling Ingredients, LLC. has been a leader in providing an invaluable service to global economies and the environment. Through our core competencies in rendering and recycling, Darling Ingredients sets the standard in creating valuable products from renewable resources.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.