Imagine turning wrenches on a well-maintained, first-class private fleet while earning great pay (paid weekly) and comprehensive benefits.
We are looking for a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic to join our 2nd shift team in Strawberry Plains, TN.
Schedule is 3:00pm-11:30pm, Monday through Friday with occasional weekend work.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $900-$1000/week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off.
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account.
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account.
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant mechanical experience relative to automotive, heavy truck, or heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding preferred.
- Possess own tools.
- High level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs.
- High competence on all truck/trailer systems.
- Perform scheduled service on all vehicles.
- Perform inspections.
- Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights.
- Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.