Are you a Manual Machinist that would benefit from a career with great pay and an excellent benefits package? Experience a more rewarding machining career with variety keeping your work day interesting and engaging working in a well-maintained facility with a very stable, essential manufacturer.
Kaiser Aluminum is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist to join their 1st shift team in Heath, OH. This highly critical role is available due to growth and is responsible for operating manual lathes and mills in addition to other machinery and tools.
Why join the Kaiser Aluminum team:
- Above Average Pay – Starting at $30.24/hr
- Benefits Package – no cost health benefits, 401(k), and pension plan!
- Monthly Performance Bonuses
- Daylight Position with Overtime as-needed to maintain operations.
- Safety is our #1 priority - Routine safety checks and training conducted to ensure everyone is safe. All PPE equipment provided.
- Stability – Kaiser produces a wide variety of raw materials used in airplanes, high end performance vehicles, gun stocks and much more.
- Paid Time Off - 10 paid holidays; vacation based on tenured experience
If you have manual machining experience, this is a career you need to explore!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work alone with little or no supervision. Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Reads and interprets Lockout Procedures, Safe Job Procedures, Work Orders, Preventive Maintenance Procedures, Engineered drawings, diagrams, and charts
- Have basic computer skills for training, emails, and to obtain documents. To use our Computerize Maintenance Management System, Maximo to document work and provide feedback.
- Able to operate manual machining machines such as.
- Horizontal Lathes
- Vertical Milling Machines
- Drill Presses
- Surface/Stationary Grinders
- Band Saws
- Key Seaters
- Use and read precision measuring equipment such as
- OD/ID Micrometers
- Thread Gauges
- Feeler Gauges
- Dial Indicators
- Have a good understanding of material properties, surface finishes, and tolerances.
- Operates mobile equipment including forklift and overhead cranes.
- Able to identify and sequence the steps to complete the machining requirements of a part.
- Able to identify tooling needed to perform the desired operation to machine the part.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Assist maintenance department with making emergency repairs.
- Able to work in a machine shop and a production equipment in the facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.