Gain a competitive edge and earn top pay in a career managing the parts department for a top Mid-Atlantic Dealership. Experience a more rewarding opportunity with a greater ability to drive up sales allowing you to earn more yourself and move forward in your career.
Excel Truck Group is seeking a strong, efficiency driven, proven leader, multifunctional Manager to join our Columbia, SC dealership as a Parts Manager.
This key leadership role will lead a department of 40 plus employees that supports the growth and customer experience for the #1 manufacturer of Trucks in North America (i.e. Freightliner). This leader will manage all aspects of our Parts Operations from our parts inventory, our delivery network, inside and outside sales team and our warehouse staff in Columbia, SC.
If you have management experience within the transportation industry, we want to hear from you. Fleet, Truck and/or automotive dealership experience is ideal, but not required.
Please click apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why you should join our team:
- Strong Compensation package which includes a monthly performance bonus plan that is based on the financial results of the department.
- High market share – Excel Truck Group sells and supports Freightliner, the #1 manufacturer of trucks on the road today. We are an established dealer that has been in business since 1981 and has over 800 employees with 10 locations serving the mid-Atlantic market.
- Excellent benefits – Multiple health plans to choose from with great coverage, dental, short, and long-term disability, optional insurances, 401k with match, generous PTO, 6 paid holidays.
- Company growth and advancement – The organization has doubled in the last 3 years and continues to grow rapidly. Because of this growth, you can expect a long-term career here and potential for advancement into a higher-level management role down the road. Over half the managers were promoted from within.
- Fun environment – Enjoy spending time with your colleagues outside of work with outings, baseball games, lunches, Christmas parties, and trips to Busch Gardens.
- Family-owned – Get to know the owners of the company! See how active they are within the organization and how much they care about their employees.
Ideal Leader will have:
- 5 plus years’ experience as a department manager and a proven leader
- Ability to manage and effectively impact a profit and loss statement and developing budgets
- Record of leading leaders (i.e. management & supervisory leads)
- Ability to lead small and large group discussions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Preferred experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies
- Preferred experience with Strategy development and deployment
- Knowledgeable on all makes of Truck parts and able to resource and inventory as needed.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets for the Parts department, reviews on a regular basis and takes corrective action as needed.
- Develop and implement an effective sales and marketing plan which meets department sales and profit targets while supporting company goals and objectives.
- Manage and control the parts inventory level, ensuring an adequate inventory and efficient use of warehouse space.
- Review department expenditures for accuracy, reconciles with vendor statements and provides payment authority.
- Establish and foster relationships with outside sales representatives, vendors and parts suppliers.
- Promote effective communication between department and all other Branch departments to best serve customer's needs.
- Review vendor products, determines which lines to carry and negotiates profit margin.
- Analyze sales territory and customer purchase trends to develop effective strategies to build parts route sales base and overall profitability.
- Monitor computer inventory system for high and low usage items to optimize warehouse parts storage.
- Train and appraise parts employees to ensure acceptable productivity and adherence to company goals and policies.
- Interview and hire parts department personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.