Are you skilled at working with your hands or using power tools? Imagine spending your day manufacturing high performance parts for leaders in the motorsports, aerospace, military and defense industries. Plus get a $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
Enjoy daytime hours Monday-Friday and comprehensive training in a growing industry!
FibreWorks Composites LLC is searching for motivated individuals to join their team of Composite Technicians at their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mooresville, NC.
If you have experience in Production or working with hand tools, we want to hear from you!
If you are an experienced Composite Technician – we especially want to hear from you!
This is an exciting career where you will enjoy coming to work every day as an important member of a close-knit team. Work will be interesting with a variety of responsibilities from fabricating and laminating to bonding and lay-up of custom pieces for clients.
As a member of the team you can expect:
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
- Competitive compensation – between $14-$20+/hr based on experience.
- An incredible benefits package – Includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
- Medical Coverage starting the 1st of the month after start date!
- Paid Time Off – Nine (9) paid holidays per year as well as up to 40 hours of PTO accrued in the first year
- Great hours! – They only have one shift – 1st shift, 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday with overtime available.
- Training – You will receive all the training you need to be successful in your position.
- Perks – Occasional catered lunches and all PPE is provided for you.
- Fabricating carbon composite parts in accordance with technical specifications
- Detail-oriented and involve crafting, sanding, bonding, assembly, laminating, demolding, and autoclave with a variety of composite materials
- Reading engineering drawings to ensure accuracy and completion
- Read precision measuring tools and instruments using calipers, micrometer, Starrett scales and dial indicators
- Use a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, dremels, drills, and operate ovens
- Perform bonding of composite assemblies consisting of various two part epoxies, metallic hardware, and carbon fiber hardware
- Hand lay pre-preg carbon fiber material on to molds and vacuum bag for cure
- Remove part from mold, perform mold release
- Perform repairs with the use of various adhesives and resins
- Remove and repair damage of honeycomb and core panels
- Perform grinding, sanding blending, deburring operation
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Work efficiently by completing job assignments within the time standards
- Work both independently on small jobs and as part of a larger team when working on larger hardware fabrication
- Produce quality composite parts that meet drawing specifications
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality
- The Composite Technician will work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to personal protection equipment
- Maintaining the shop floor free from clutter or debris and other duties as directed
- Present a clean and organized work area – facility cleanliness and general housekeeping
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes
- Move between production assignments that utilize multiple skills as needed to support production requirements
- Participate in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
FibreWorks Composites LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.