Valley Proteins is looking for a local CDL Driver for its Bernalillo team. Student and inexperienced drivers encouraged to apply!
We offer our drivers the opportunity to earn great pay, benefits, and bonuses. We are an essential manufacturer that supports the food industry. Feel good knowing that you won’t need to be concerned about job stability or missing a paycheck.
Why CDL Drivers enjoy being a part of our team:
- Home Time – Our drivers experience excellent home time
- Very attractive compensation – Driver base pay averages $1,000- $1,200 weekly
- Weekly performance and attendance bonus for those who qualify
- Quarterly safety bonus opportunity
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Late model tractors, and a well-maintained fleet
- Top-flight safety program because we value you
- Training – You will receive paid training on the job to help prepare you for your role with our company, but you will most likely be up and running in no time!
If you meet the following minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Valid Class A CDL license
- At least 23 years of age
- Tanker endorsement preferred, but not required at time of hire
- Be a professional, courteous driver at all times.
- Efficiently pick up and deliver material while safely operating a commercial vehicle, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states. Includes loading and unloading material as needed.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections as required by DOT regulation and Company policy.
- Must keep equipment clean and properly functioning.
- Use on-board recording system, with a high level of accuracy.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any and all accidents per Company policy.
- Notify supervisor as soon as possible of any personal or professional traffic violations or accidents.
- Contact supervisor/manager of all overweight trailers before leaving customer/supplier property.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future. Valley Proteins, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.