Imagine earning more for your Forklift Operation expertise while working with reliable equipment in a large, well-maintained facility. Experience a career with tremendous potential for professional advancement and leverage your skills with a stable organization that has been in business for more than 90 years.
Independent Can Company is looking for a Forklift Operator to join their skilled, tenured team in Belcamp, MD. This is a critical role responsible for operating a forklift truck to move materials throughout the plant as well as load and unload trucks.
If you are fork truck certified and have 2+ years of forklift experience, this is a career you need to explore!
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift opportunities available!
Why join the Independent Can team:
- Competitive Pay – Starting at $18/hr. with plenty of opportunities for overtime!
- Benefits Package – Including medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Advancement Opportunity – Whether you want to advance in your current department or move into another area of the company, the sky is the limit here. Advance through the 4 levels of forklift operation and excel with a company focused on your success!
- Great Culture - Independent Can Company is a 3rd and 4th generation family owned and operated organization that was recognized as an honoree by the Baltimore Business Journal during the Best Family-Owned Business Award ceremony in 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate forklift to supply all materials to can lines, presses, and slitters
- Operate forklift to move finished units from manufacturing area to warehouse to load trucks as required
- Operate forklift to empty scrap and trash hoppers
- Operate forklift to load and unload trucks as required
- Daily maintenance of assigned forklifts
- Use a production order to pull and assemble orders for shipment. This requires reading the order to determine the number of packages of each item needed, and assembling all of the items for shipment. Accuracy of counts and accuracy of information to the shipping foreman is extremely important. When the order is complete, advise of all items loaded and items not available for shipment
- Load orders as required. Avoiding damage in loading, shipping, and unloading at the final destination.
- Sweep, clean, pick-up trash, and general house cleaning
- Follow Company personnel and product safety requirements including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs
- Follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with State and Federal laws
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.