Imagine representing in-demand, high quality engines in a sales career where you will earn great pay and benefits. Experience a more stable, rewarding career with an organization that has been treating their employees very well since they opened their doors in 1952.
Smith Power Products is looking for an Off-Highway Engine Sales Representative for mining, construction, industrial and agricultural applications to join their Salt Lake City, UT team.
Travel throughout the Utah & Wyoming will be required. Candidates must live near Salt Lake City.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation – Based on experience, plus sales commission.
- Excellent benefits – Smith Power Products offers a rolling medical HRA program which allows funds to accumulate year after year, meaning your health insurance is practically self-funded. Dental and vision coverage, life insurance, profit sharing, & a 401(k) match program.
- Great product lines– Including MTU, Detroit, DEUTZ, Fiat Powertrain Technologies, Atlas Copco and more.
- Perks– Company vehicle, gas card, cell phone, and computer provided.
- Company culture –This is an organization that is big enough to pay well but small enough to treat you well. Being a part of this team truly feels like being a valued part of a family!
- Long term opportunities and advancement – From expanding your business and product knowledge, and ultimately your income to advancing to a higher-level role, this career provides excellent opportunities for personal growth and career advancement.
- Stability –Smith Power is a family owned and operated organization that has been in business since 1952 and has 11 locations in 7 states and growing.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- 5 years of experience in heavy equipment or engine sales (construction, earth moving, mining equipment, etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience with engine operation, maintenance, & repair is preferred along with PTO application & operation.
- Degree in mechanical engineering considered in lieu of or addition to experience.
- Willingness to travel within assigned area of responsibility.
- Skillset and willingness to follow leads, initiate cold calls, and approach new customer opportunities.
- Background check, driving record inspection, and drug screen required for the position.
- Creativity to find solutions within our combustion.
- Manage customer relationships and executes sales plans within an assigned sales territory.
- Sell company products and services.
- Achieve sales targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow up with existing customers.
- Find new startups and opportunities in assigned territory.
- Develop new prospects into long term accounts.
- Build relationships that will generate goodwill and loyalty, resulting in future sales and repeat business.
- Conduct negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Receive customer concerns about the company and its products and take them back to the team through a constructive message that creates positive morale and growth. Follow up with the resolution to these for the customer.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
About the Company: Smith Power Products, Inc. is the authorized distributor for MTU, Detroit Diesel, DEUTZ, Allison Transmission, Ford Power Products, Fiat Powertrain Technologies, and Atlas Copco Products for the Western United States. Our highly trained staff’s depth of experience allows us to undertake full maintenance service agreements for all our products.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.