Are you a machine operator that would benefit from great pay and benefits in a stable career with an industry leading, essential manufacturer? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Machine Operator to join our 2nd shift Baltimore, MD. This is a pivotal role where you will be operating cooking and processing equipment to produce fat products for further refinement.
Hours are 2:30pm-11:00pm.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – $800-$900/week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – As your skills and experience increase, so does your ability to grow into promotions and further your career.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Experience controlling operations of equipment or multi-input systems.
- Ability to analyze situations and take appropriate corrective action.
- Reading comprehension – understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Able to communicate with others effectively
- Knowledge of raw material composition, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing effective output and production efficiency
In this role, you will:
- Perform start-up, continuous operation, shut down and wash-out procedures on all processing equipment
- Maintain clean, safe and organized area
- Monitor systems associated with the process such as but not limited to: condensing, vacuum system, air scrubbers, control parameter settings, temperatures, pressures, motor loads, tank levels, valve positions and steam usage
- Record temperatures and condensate readings, cooking time, etc.
- Listen for malfunction alarms or visual reference alarms integrated into control system and notify supervisors when necessary
- Set level controls, vacuum controls, variable speed control on pumps as well as flow control position on valves
- Open valves or start pumps to add fluid to system, remove product from system, maintain operating levels and parameters, transfer to finished product or prepare for shutdown and cleaning
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future. Valley Proteins, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.