Imagine managing the quality department for a manufacturer that produces a fiber technology used in everything from food and makeup to roads and roofs. Join a very stable, essential organization where you will earn great pay and excellent benefits.
J Rettenmaier USA LP is looking for a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager to join their North Tonawanda, NY team.
Core hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Why join the J Rettenmaier USA team:
- Top Notch Benefits: Low deductible health insurance (company pays back your deductible), dental, vision, life worth 2x your yearly base earnings, and 401(k) with company match.
- Great Pay: Great Pay and Potential for Company Performance Bonus.
- Stability: J Rettenmaier USA LP was established in 1998 by the JRS Group owned by the Rettenmaier family, who have been in business since 1878. An essential organization, they continue to grow even during the pandemic. They produce fiber concentrate powders used in a wide range of products which are used every day by people across the globe.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Food Safety Modernization Act and GFSI Food Safety Certifications and FDA regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related technical field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial environment
- Experience with EMP and Sanitation Programs
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the quality management system (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner and deemed compliant at all levels (customer →regulatory).
- Delegate and assign tasks to QA/QC team and working closely with other plant departments to ensure compliance.
- Maintain compliance to Food Safety Modernization Act and GFSI Food Safety Certifications for food sectors of the business as well as QMS compliance to non-food (as applicable).
- Manage and oversee all QA/QC activities to ensure compliance to FDA and Customer regulations/specifications.
- Manage implementation and compliance of the QMS.
- Plan and communicate duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules.
- Identify and develop QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.