Are you a wastewater professional that is ready to manage environmental operations for an industry leader? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for an Environmental Manager to join our Amarillo, TX team. This is a critical role that oversees all environmental operations at the facility including wastewater treatment, sampling, chemical handling, and spill prevention.
Why Environmental professionals join the Valley Proteins team:
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Career growth – We will help you maintain your current certifications and obtain any new relevant certifications
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Knowledge of biology and chemistry as related to wastewater treatment and air emissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology, chemistry, engineering, or other related area preferred.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes and practices including industrial pretreatment, direct NPDES discharge, and spray irrigation.
- Wastewater operator’s license is desired, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, including good writing skills.
- Mechanical aptitude, particularly for pumps, motors, and equipment typical of an industrial treatment system.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Availability for regular travel, including overnight.
- Providing advice to production facilities on operating industrial wastewater pre-treatment facilities and air pollution control equipment.
- Advising on maintaining compliance with rules and regulations relating to air pollution, wastewater discharge, stormwater protection, chemical handling, and spill prevention.
- Supporting environmental excellence by troubleshooting, optimizing environmental performance, assuring compliance, and monitoring cost.
- Preparing permit applications, technical calculations and correspondence and reports to regulatory agencies.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Able to train division General Managers and employees on the requirements of the various permits to ensure compliance and knowledge transfer.
- Maintain and foster open communication with Valley Proteins Director of Environmental Affairs and the Director of Regulatory Affairs as it relates to compliance obligations.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.