Imagine leading a dedicated production team with a stable, industry leading manufacturer where you can leverage your experience and advance in your career. Take advantage of a stable career with an essential manufacturer where you will earn great pay and benefits.
We are seeking a Plant Manager join our Strawberry Plains, TN team. This is a critical role responsible for providing effective management to the overall operation of the physical plant and management of plant personnel. Key responsibilities include adherence to all employee safety, FSMA programs, environmental permitting regulations, management of raw material flow, product quality and scheduling of plant personnel.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 in company provided annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- 5+ years of successful plant management experience (preferably in the food industry or in a process manufacturing environment)
- Successful track record of efficient plant operations, a solid safety record, and achieving financial results
- Experience in recruiting, developing and retaining an effective supervisory/management team
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Provide managerial oversight to plant operations to ensure the plant is running smoothly and that employees are working safely and producing a quality finished product. Ensure efficient start up and shut down of all plant equipment.
- Coordinates work efforts with other departments within the plant, i.e., maintenance, wastewater, transportation, quality, etc., to assure that safety programs, numbered memorandums and standard operating procedures are being followed and goals are being met.
- As the food safety representative, the plant manager will ensure that all FSMA and quality programs are being adhered to in an effort to produce a quality finished product.
- Recruit, develop and retain an effective plant production team, including supervisors and line personnel to support the goals of the division.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.