IMRA America, Inc. is searching for a Laser Product Development Engineer to join their team at their state-of-the-art facility in Ann Arbor, MI.
Product development is one of the key positions at IMRA in engineering and realizing technology R&D into products. This position bridges technical product concepts to a form of prototype manufacturable in our production department. Understanding and learning capabilities of broad laser technologies encompassing optics (fiber and free space optics), mechanical engineering and basic level electronics are highly critical. As IMRA is specialized in manufacturing ultrafast fiber lasers, this position provides an exciting opportunity for learning this cutting-edge technology and grow with IMRA’s business. Imagine the daily pride you will feel working in a small team of the best and brightest researchers and engineers in the industry, you will develop ultrashort pulse lasers that have a huge impact on peoples’ lives and the world. Don’t miss out!
Some of the benefits to you:
- Phenomenal Benefits Package – Including Excellent Medical coverage, Dental, Vision, Short-term & Long-term disability, Flex spending account, 401(k) with a 4% company match, and a wellness program.
- Competitive Compensation
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Job Stability – With very strong corporate backing at the headquarters in Michigan, you can be certain that the future of IMRA and your work is secure.
- Great Company Reputation – IMRA America has very close cooperation with leading research groups in universities, government institutions, and companies in the US and all over the world. Everyone you will work aside will be world-class in their field!
If you have the following, IMRA wants to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in engineering or science discipline
- Adequate knowledge in general optics, opto-mechanics, fiber optics. Laser knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent hands-on skills in optics, mechanics and basic electronics
- Analysis capabilities of test data by using Excel or other data software
- 3+ year industrial experience in relevant industries such as laser or fiber optics
- Knowledge in optical software, basic mechanical CAD and electronics
- Proficient knowledge and experiences in test and measurement equipment for optics characterizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- US citizen or permanent residency in US
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
- Hands-on development of optics modules and systems including free-space and fiber optics components
- Conceives precision mechanical design concept of components and works with mechanical engineer to realize and concept
- Tests electronics control device and system of laser and provides feedback to electronics engineer
- Absorbs concept from R&D engineers and builds prototypes to verify the functionalities
- Digests the prototype concept and adds engineering maturity
- Transfers the procedures of the prototype builds into production department
- Participates in technical design review process, and creates review material such as test report, bill of material, assembly procedures
About the Company: IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.