IMRA America, Inc. is searching for a Laser R&D Engineer to join their team at their state-of-the-art facility in Ann Arbor, MI.
This position is responsible for developing new products and cutting-edge technologies to provide competitive ultrashort pulse lasers to the market. It is a part of the core team in the technical R&D department to support our laser business. Exploring new technologies and gauging them into the engineering concepts viable to new products are highly challenging and rewarding tasks. As a pioneering company in this technology and business field, IMRA provides the opportunities for practicing expertise in realizing new products in the environments of well-established engineering and production system. Imagine the daily pride you will feel working for a respected industry leader on products that have a huge impact on peoples’ lives and the future of the world.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Phenomenal Benefits Package – Including Excellent Medical coverage, Dental, Vision, Short-term & Long-term disability, Flex spending account, 401(k) with a 4% company match, and a wellness program.
- Competitive Compensation
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Job Stability – With very strong corporate backing at the headquarters in Michigan, you can be certain that the future of IMRA and your work is secure.
- Great Company Reputation – IMRA America has very close cooperation with leading research groups in universities, government institutions, and companies in the US and all over the world. Everyone you will work aside will be world-class in their field!
- Location – Ann Arbor is consistently named one of the top places to live in America!
If you have the following, IMRA wants to hear from you:
- PhD degree in engineering or science discipline, preferably associated with ultrafast laser technology and science.
- Expert knowledge in developing ultrashort pulse lasers
- 5+ years industrial R&D experience
- Excellent hands-on problem solving skills
- Excellent analysis skills of test results
- Capable in transferring new technical concept into an engineering process
- Knowledge in optical design software, basic mechanical CAD and electronics design
- Proficient knowledge and experiences in test and measurement equipment related with ultrashort pulse characterizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- US citizen or permanent residency in US
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conceives and evaluates new technologies associated with ultrashort pulse lasers
- Evaluates the concepts for viable engineering projects based on market requirements
- Designs laser modules and systems based on the technology evaluations
- Leads in prototyping new products for qualification and third party evaluation
- Leads design review processes, including creates and reviews test reports, bill of material and other reliability documents
- Works with sales and marketing to identify new products and market requirements
- Primarily, the main technical field is in laser optics in fiber and free-space. However, related technical field necessary for a laser product, such as mechanical and electronics are also critical task areas.
About the Company: IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.