Are you an Engineer that would enjoy reviewing and designing products that aren’t made by anyone else in the world? Join a stable, family-owned organization that is the only major tool manufacturer worldwide focused on electrical and utility applications.
General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Trevose, PA facility.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR an Engineering degree from a related field and 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Full cycle product development experience
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
Why join the General Machine Products team:
- Stability – Klein Tools has been around for over 161 years and continues to grow regardless of the state of the economy
- Culture – Join a company that values Integrity, Safety & Teamwork
- Excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) plans with company match, and profit sharing
- Competitive Pay
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Focus primarily on the engineering development of new product ideas that fuel the future growth of GMP.
- Participate in field visits with Product Marketing to observe end-user installations and uncover unmet needs related to fiber optic cable installations.
- Participate in internal new product ideation brainstorming to develop next-generation product concepts and work to engineer those ideas from concept to commercialization.
- Provide support and engineering insight to product marketing for the development of new product business cases.
- Apply the new product development process to bring product from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch.
- Prepare and route product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, Item Masters, Bill of Materials (BOMs), specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
- Design, develop, prototype and test product components, sub‐systems, by using principles and techniques of mechanical, electrical, and/or industrial engineering analysis and findings.
- Participate as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
- Fulfill benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Perform engineering analysis and field research to define design requirements for new products.
- Perform quality improvement and cost reduction projects that improve customer satisfaction and profitability. Use problem‐solving skills to analyze engineering difficulties.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain timelines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.