Are you a results-oriented business development professional with leadership ability? Experience a more rewarding career with a growing organization that offers unique solutions that are in demand regardless of the state of the economy.
We are seeking a Procurement Manager to join our dedicated team. This is a critical role that oversees a team of 5-7 procurement representatives responsible for selling rendering and recycling solutions to businesses throughout Eastern North Carolina.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards a healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Proven track record in sales with 3+ years of successful new business development experience.
- Extensive sales experience may be considered in lieu of education, however, some education beyond high school is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is preferred.
- Ability to build effective business relationships both inside and outside the organization and with all levels of an organization is essential.
- Above average computer skills in a networked environment with knowledge of MS Office products.
- Driver’s license and ability to maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Develop and implement sales plans, activity and status reports for major accounts.
- Effectively present and sell company services to current and potential customers.
- Develop and follow up on leads and referrals from field activity in a timely manner to grow the business.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations, proposals and sales contracts to secure new and existing business.
- Prepare and deliver all required documentation to setup and maintain customer accounts.
- Support the collection of payment for services as appropriate.
- Support the on-going maintenance if established accounts to resolve issues such as service frequency, delivery schedules, etc.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, territorial blitzes, and trade shows.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.