Imagine a more stable Mechanic career working on a specialized fleet of trucks with an industry leading, essential manufacturer. Take advantage of this opportunity where you will earn an excellent compensation and benefits package while advancing your technical skills.
We are looking for a Fleet Mechanic to join our Dallas, TX team. This is a pivotal role where you will be responsible for repairing company fleet to meet DOT standards and to be dependable on public highways and performing preventative maintenance service on company fleet to minimize down time.
Shift will be Tuesday – Saturday, 7am-5pm. Overtime may be required.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – We offer a competitive pay with opportunities for bonuses and annual merit-based increases
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant mechanical experience
- Strong mechanical abilities relative to fleet
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding
- Own tools
- Volvo/Mack Master Tech Certified and/or ASE Heavy Truck Certified
- High-level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs.
- High competence on all truck/trailer systems
- CDL a plus, but not required
- Perform scheduled service on all vehicles
- Perform inspections
- Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls
- Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights
- Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.