Are you an experienced driver recruiter? Imagine leveraging your experience to impact and improve the lives of hundreds of drivers with an essential manufacturer that has lower than industry average turnover. Experience a newly created, hands-on position working responsible for developing and maintaining recruiting and retention programs for one of the largest private fleets in the country.
We are looking for a Driver Recruiting and Retention Manager to join our dedicated Transportation Team at our headquarters in Winchester, VA.
Relocation assistance is available for a well-qualified candidate.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- In-depth understanding of the issues that impact driver hiring and retention.
- Knowledge of Federal/State DOT guidelines and company policies involving the recruiting and on-boarding of truck drivers.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and verbal /written communication skills.
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, Internet, etc.)
- Work with corporate and field level transportation management to determine the appropriate driver staffing level for each division.
- Develop and implement driver hiring strategy at each division.
- Work with Corporate Human Resources to develop marketing strategy.
- Train appropriate levels of management on how to properly communicate what Valley Proteins has to offer to prospective drivers.
- Train appropriate levels of management on the interview process.
- Conduct on-site job fairs at divisions with multiple openings.
- Oversee applicant processing to include review of applications, running pre-hire background reports, telephone interviews, road tests, in-person interviews, and drug and health services. Ensure that applicant processing takes place in an expedited fashion to improve our hiring success rate.
- Work with Fleet Safety and managers at appropriate levels to ensure only drivers with safety records that meet or exceed company requirements are hired.
- Track and report on hiring success and driver openings to various levels of management.
- Develops and implement driver retention strategies at each division.
- Track drivers through the on-boarding process, including a 30-day review with each new hire to address any concerns, and provide feedback to management.
- Review driver compensation and benefits. Works to ensure that we consistently offer a package that is competitive or superior to other companies within our markets.
- Survey existing drivers, at least annually, to identify positive and negative experiences. Use positive experiences to continuously improve our recruiting communications. Serves as a driver advocate to communicate negative experiences to management. Seeks solutions that mutually benefit the driver and Valley Proteins.
- Attempt to identify reasons for driver turnover and work with appropriate levels of management to implement corrective actions.
- Provide reports on driver turnover to various levels of management.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.