Imagine leading a dedicated production team with a stable, industry leading manufacturer where you can leverage your experience and advance in your career. Take advantage of a stable career with an essential manufacturer where you will earn great pay and benefits while advancing in your career.
We are looking for a Plant Superintendent join our Knoxville, TN team. This is a critical role responsible for providing effective leadership in the overall operation of the physical plant and supervisory plant personnel. Key responsibilities include adherence to employee safety, FSMA programs, environment permitting regulations, management of raw material flow, product quality and scheduling of plant personnel.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account (with select plans)
- 3% company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Training – You will receive paid training on the job to help prepare you for your role with our company, but you will most likely be up and running in no time!
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Minimum of 3 years of successful supervisory/management experience; preferably in the food industry or in a process manufacturing environment.
- A formal education and/or related training in process manufacturing, operations, engineering or related field preferred.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Lead supervisory staff to success by working safely, meeting production goals and maintaining operations from start up to shut down
- Provide oversight to plant operations to ensure the plant is running without fail and employees are working safely producing a quality finished product
- Coordinate work efforts with other departments within the plant, i.e., maintenance, wastewater, transportation, quality, etc., to assure that safety programs, numbered memorandums and standard operating procedures are being followed and goals are being met
- Recruit, develop and retain an effective plant production team, including supervisors and line personnel to support the goals of the division.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.