This is a rare opportunity to oversee the talented technicians at one of the largest truck service organizations in the Mid Atlantic. Enjoy above average income, feasible advancement opportunities, and a better overall work environment in a fun, family-owned dealership that has incredible support staff along with a prestigious reputation.
Excel Truck Group is seeking a Trailer Shop Foreman to lead their Chester, VA team. This a critical role responsible for performing a variety of duties primarily supporting and leading the Trailer Shop, Technicians and customers experience in the area of trailer and general mechanical repairs.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Very strong compensation including monthly performance bonuses. (There is also a $2,500 signing bonus for candidates with trailer shop experience).
- Excellent benefits – Multiple health plans to choose from with great coverage, dental, short and long-term disability, optional insurances, 401k with match, generous PTO, 6 paid holidays.
- High market share – Freightliner is one of the most popular brands of trucks on the road; and when those trucks need service, Excel has it! With this kind of high demand, you will always be busy and will financially benefit from the volume of business.
- Company growth and advancement – The organization has doubled in the last 3 years and continues to grow rapidly. 2017 was a financially strong year, and they predict 2018 to be even better!
- Fun environment – Enjoy spending time with your colleagues outside of work with outings, baseball games, lunches, Christmas parties, and local trips.
- Family-owned – Get to know the owners of the company! See how active they are within the organization and how much they care about their employees.
If you have diesel truck service and repair experience, they want to hear from you. Supervisor/foreman experience is a plus.
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t let this better opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, lead and guide our Trailer Shop technician’s in every step of the repair process. Leading our throughput commitment and customer experience. Making sure that our Technicians know and understand the time committed to complete a repair and meeting or beating this time.
- Provide estimates for repairs and ensuring that the repair is fairly estimated and quoted properly.
- Promptly provide our customers with a timeline for each repair and addresses customer concerns and follows up with issues.
- Build productive working relationships with fellow employees through clear communications. Has an approachable style; fosters open communication through active listening.
- Ask relevant questions regarding the repair and ensures that proper approvals achieved in advance. As supplements occur the Foreman ensures that this process is handled timely with proper approvals.
- Maintain open communications with our Body technicians, Service Advisors, Parts department and Customers regarding job/repair status changes.
- Assist with the communications process with our customers to ensure they are satisfied with the repair provided.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork among technicians and support staff.
- Assist Service Advisors when needed. Able to perform all administrative tasks that support the opening of a repair order to the closing process and payment.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned that support the service department and dealerships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.