Take advantage of this fantastic career opportunity where you can make a real impact leading and motivate a team of mechanics focused on vehicle safety.
Imagine using your leadership skills, technical abilities, and knowledge of DOT regulations in a rewarding role overseeing the maintenance of a fleet of straight trucks and tractor trailer units.
We are looking for a Fleet Maintenance Manager to join our Mifflintown, PA team. This critical position is responsible for overseeing the regular maintenance and repair of the truck fleet and trailers and ensuring quality preventive maintenance inspections are performed as scheduled. Responsibilities include ensuring all company and manufacturer specifications and safety guidelines are followed and to make sure that all equipment is used in a safe manner in compliance with all OSHA and DOT regulations.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay commensurate upon experience
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Formal education and training in heavy truck inspection, service and maintenance
- 5+ years of professional heavy truck mechanic experience, working on highway and vocational trucks
- At least 3 years of experience in a lead mechanic or supervisory role
- ASE certification preferred
- Provide oversight and leadership to the vehicle maintenance function within assigned division.
- Focus on performance metrics and efficiency of the function including labor and equipment usage.
- Ability to establish, train, maintain an effective vehicle maintenance team.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective equipment maintenance program.
- Must be willing and able to perform confined space entry and rescue duties to include:
- Provide technical rescue standby for projects including confined space rescue as well as first aid and CPR.
- Assist in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with program standards.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over patient to EMS for medical attention and transport.
- Perform special confined space related duties, such as pass a fit test and maintain respirator qualifications.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.