Are you an expert in understanding what motivates CDL Drivers? Take advantage of a more rewarding career where you can develop programs that will impact and improve the careers of hundreds of drivers. Experience stability with an industry leader where you will experience a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Driver Recruiting and Retention Manager to join our dedicated Transportation Team at our headquarters in Winchester, VA.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- In-depth understanding of the issues that impact driver hiring and retention.
- Knowledge of Federal/State DOT guidelines and company policies involving the recruiting and on-boarding of truck drivers.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and verbal /written communication skills.
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, Internet, etc.)
- Work with corporate and field level transportation management to determine the appropriate driver staffing level for each division.
- Develop and implement driver hiring strategy at each division.
- Work with Corporate Human Resources to develop marketing strategy.
- Train appropriate levels of management on how to properly communicate what Valley Proteins has to offer to prospective drivers.
- Train appropriate levels of management on the interview process.
- Conduct on-site job fairs at divisions with multiple openings.
- Oversee applicant processing to include review of applications, running pre-hire background reports, telephone interviews, road tests, in-person interviews, and drug and health services. Ensure that applicant processing takes place in an expedited fashion to improve our hiring success rate.
- Work with Fleet Safety and managers at appropriate levels to ensure only drivers with safety records that meet or exceed company requirements are hired.
- Track and report on hiring success and driver openings to various levels of management.
- Develops and implement driver retention strategies at each division.
- Track drivers through the on-boarding process, including a 30-day review with each new hire to address any concerns, and provide feedback to management.
- Review driver compensation and benefits. Works to ensure that we consistently offer a package that is competitive or superior to other companies within our markets.
- Survey existing drivers, at least annually, to identify positive and negative experiences. Use positive experiences to continuously improve our recruiting communications. Serves as a driver advocate to communicate negative experiences to management. Seeks solutions that mutually benefit the driver and Valley Proteins.
- Attempt to identify reasons for driver turnover and work with appropriate levels of management to implement corrective actions.
- Provide reports on driver turnover to various levels of management.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.