Are you an active person who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty? You should be earning excellent pay, very above average benefits, bonus opportunities, only work 15 days per month, and receive training and the support needed advance and earn a raise within 6 months!
This is a rare opportunity for someone with at least one year of experience in a production environment or manual labor role to get their foot in the door with one of the best employers in Texas, James Hardie Building Products.
Imagine a better life working for a company that rewards you for your hard work, encourages you to grow professionally with them while maintaining that healthy work - life balance. This is your opportunity to stop working the daily grind, dreading the next day, and wondering what’s next.
Due to growth, James Hardie a global leader in the production of interior and exterior building products, generating more than $2.5 billion in net sales and employing more than 4,900 people across operations in North America is searching for Production Operators at their manufacturing facility in the Waxahachie, TX area.
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
- Excellent Compensation – starting at $17.25/hr. with overtime and bonus opportunities. Operators earn $40,000 or more annually depending on experience level
- Great Schedule – Rotating 12-hour shifts. You only work 15 days per month!
- Amazing Benefits Package – low cost medical coverage, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, short- & long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with company match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Enjoy Paid Vacation and 10 paid Holidays!
- Growth & Stability – James Hardie provides tremendous stability they are growing, and they want you to grow with them! Management will provide you with opportunities to advance as soon as 6 months of tenure, guiding you with the support and tools you need to advance your skill and advance!
- Community Focused – Support provided to our community through charitable matching, volunteer hours and company funding commitments.
- Enjoy Extra Benefits and Perks! James Hardie promotes a healthy work-life balance and has created a wellness program providing monthly reimbursement for gym memberships, fitness classes and events. Monthly employee appreciation activities like cookouts, ice cream truck visits, free t-shirts and more!
If you have at least one year of production experience in manufacturing, then James Hardie wants to hear from you! Candidates with construction, warehouse, shipping and receiving, or landscaping, or general labor experience may be considered in lieu of production experience.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply Now!
Click to apply
Email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow all safety rules and support leads in accomplishing KPI’s.
- Maintaining Skill Based System (SBS) to include keeping in communication with your lead and trainer on driven the system. You will accomplish this by ensuring your individual progress, direction, and coordinating any/all training through your lead.
- Ensure that you are a part of accomplishing team goals.
- Assist your team members with any/all needs around the job.
- Listen and communicate with all team members.
- Communicate all pertinent information of safety, quality, and mechanical issues to designated lead.
- Immediately notify lead of any variances in the mobile equipment and position areas.
- Operate mobile equipment and/or lines as efficiently as possible.
- Keep all mobile equipment inside and out free of debris, trash, and improperly stored items.
- Fill out daily mobile equipment inspection sheet; report any non-compliance items to lead.
- Consult run plan with lead and stage greensheet pallets, WIP, finished pallets, etc.
- Perform quality checks to maintain our quality standards.
- Remove pallets from the line and stage in staging areas.
- Ensure all pallets are in place prior to shift being over.
- Empty dumpsters.
- Ensure no downtime has occurred due to pallet handling.
- Report any/all damage and/or incidents to the lead immediately.
- Assist in the efforts to reduce wash-up, size changes, and/or any/all delay categories.
- Keep accurate records FIFO (first in first out)
- Accurately complete any/all paperwork required.
- Work on items from downtime list as time prevails.
- Work smart not hard. Every move that we make should have a purpose. Whether we are on foot or on mobile equipment. Traveling with an empty forklift is a good example of a bad habit for time management. The whole forklift area of how well we stay ahead is based upon how well we are with time management.
- Cost reduction by:
- Assisting machine operators on line at each stackers.
- Alert lead with and defects found while doing a quality check.
- Not damaging pallets and product with mobile equipment.
- Stacking pallets correctly.
- Taking care of any/all mobile equipment you are operating.
- Alerting lead on when emptying reject hopper or dumpsters more than normal.
- Housekeeping in the areas you encounter.
About the Company: James Hardie is a world leading manufacturer of premium building products. It is the preeminent manufacturer of fiber cement products, having pioneered the technology in the 1980s, and a leader in fiber gypsum products through its ownership of Germany-based Fermacell, which it acquired in 2018. We've been providing a better way to build for over 100 years
James Hardie is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.