This is a great opportunity to bring your mechanical ability and grow your skills with an essential plastics manufacturer that has remained stable throughout the pandemic. Join an organization with an incredible focus on safety and feel secure at a world-renowned industry leader. Enjoy different shift options and the opportunity to only work 15 days a month on night shift.
Berry Global Corporation is searching for experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanics to join our Waxahachie, TX team.
If you have proven maintenance experience with strong electrical and mechanical background in a manufacturing environment, along with general PLC knowledge, we want to hear from you.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Great pay – Up to $32/hr. based upon experience.
- Unbeatable benefits package – Including medical, dental, vision, life insurance for entire family, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, profit sharing plan, continuing education and tuition reimbursement, accomplishment celebrations, safety celebrations, and more.
- Company growth and stability – This is a global company that has been in plastics for 50 years and continues to grow and improve.
- Great variety – Here, you will never be without a challenge! There are so many different types of machines for you to work on and cross train on, including PLCs, robotic equipment, automation equipment, injection molding machines, and assembly equipment.
- Advancement opportunities – Berry is a global company with 290 locations across the world. Move to other locations or move into higher level roles at this location.
- Training – If desired, they will pay for you to learn PLC programming.
Day – Monday-Friday; 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm.
Night – 7pm-7am; 2,3,2 schedule – 15 workdays each month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing soldering and plumbing.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
- Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Make preventive maintenance checks and inspections.
- Notifies the Maintenance Department or supervisor of reoccurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Instructs and directs any maintenance trainees assigned.
- Troubleshoot and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment including air compressors, repair rollers, chains, bearings, install seals, sprockets, chillers, gearboxes, pumps, fans, valves, motors, extruders, dies, grinders, winders, bag machines and various other support equipment of this plant.
- Uses full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before start of a job.
- Starts up and shuts down equipment in line with company safety procedures for equipment under power and OSHA guidelines.
About the Company: Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.