Experience a more stable, rewarding Industrial Maintenance career with an essential manufacturer that offers great pay, benefits and room to advance. Take your mechanical skills to the next level working with unique production equipment you won’t find anywhere else in the area.
We are looking for a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to join our Strawberry Plains, TN team.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $700/week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- 2+ years of experience working in a mechanical role in a manufacturing environment focused on process improvement.
- Two-year college program, degree in relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, chemical or food processing), Industrial Management or other technical certification is preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Welding experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer application skills in a network environment.
- Maintain all plant equipment to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.
- Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are accomplished according to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager’s direction to reduce downtime.
- Comply with all safety and good Manufacturing practices.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.