Imagine leading a dedicated fabrication team with an essential manufacturer where you can leverage your expertise and advance in your career. Take advantage of this opportunity with an essential company where you will experience greater job stability while earning great pay and benefits.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Fabrication Production Manager join our Wadesboro, NC team. This position will be responsible for providing effective management to the overall operation of the physical fabrication plant and management of fabrication plant personnel and field technician personnel.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $75,000-$90,000 per year
- Great Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 in company provided annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Formal education and/or training in process manufacturing, operations, engineering or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of manufacturing experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Fabrication/machining/welding experience in a leadership role is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with basic electric and plumbing systems and pipe runs.
- Ability to use facility equipment (welding, fork lifts, paint booth, press brakes, plasma/laser cutters).
- Familiarity with applicable building codes (e.g., GFCI, door-way clearances etc.).
- A proven ability to maintain safety requirements and meeting financial results.
- Experience in recruiting, developing and retaining an effective fabrication plant team.
- Ability to manage production personnel working 24 hour shifts, 7 days a week.
- Ability to provide quotes based on all production factors, e.g., raw material costs, labor, logistics etc.
- Ability to manage projects effectively in multi-project environment.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills.
- Provide managerial oversight to the fabrication plant operations to ensure that the plant is running smoothly and that employees are working safely and producing a quality finished product within required time frames.
- Responsible for overseeing third party contractors to ensure all requirements are met to include; (SOW’s, cost management and cost containment.)
- Recruit, develop and retain an effective production team to support the goals of the division.
- Project management of metal fabrication projects associated with used cooking oil recovery tanks and accessories.
- Maintaining a safe work environment for the fabrication facility and customer job sites.
- Coordinate with the company’s procurement managers, recovery tank administrator and field representatives to ensure projects run efficiently, profitably and on schedule.
- Attend weekly production meetings and update the management team as necessary.
- Track and report performance against goals and objectives.
- Assess and address financial and safety risks.
- Coordinate the shop drawing process.
- Monitor and react to industry trends.
- Ability to develop new product offerings based on industry trends.
- Ability to develop employees to optimize program efficiencies.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.