Imagine getting paid to learn in demand skills through excellent training programs to help you advance in your career. Earn attendance and safety bonuses on top of excellent pay and benefits with a leading essential manufacturer that supports the food industry. Feel good knowing that you won’t need to be concerned about job stability or miss a paycheck.
We are looking for Plant Production Associates (3rd shift) and Yard Truck Drivers (1st and 2nd shift) to join our Amarillo, TX teams. Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins where you will enjoy where you work and who you work with.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $600-$700/week
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Training and growth – You will receive training for your role. Skilled performers are taught how to operate other machines around the facility.
- Advancement Opportunities– We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Ability to drive tractor trailers on the yard safely and pick up trailers to dump
- Ability to read instructions on chemical containers and SDS
- Ability to work unsupervised to complete tank repairs in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to read and write to understand safety training and maintain work records.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, use good judgment, be objective, be dependable, and be professional when dealing with issues as they present themselves.
- Efficient loading or unloading of trailers as assigned.
- Coordinate the movement of trailers around the yard as needed.
- Safely operate equipment used such as forklift / front end loader.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Police the yard and work areas for cleanliness & organization, dispose of trash/debris.
- Use cleaning equipment and chemicals to prepare tanks for refurbishing & truck washing.
- Perform repairs to grease tanks and lids to make them road ready for raw material customers.
- Report any issues to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor about repair problems with the tanks & vehicles for possible changes to make them safer.
- Wash truck and trailer equipment as assigned to ensure customer/supplier cleanliness standards are met.
- Maintains environment by monitoring activity on property and report any concerns to management.
- Maintain logs and records as required.
- Assist with plant production tasks as trained and needed.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.