If you have a proven mechanical engineering background, this is an incredible opportunity to move into a senior leadership role with a stable custom metal and structural fabrication company.
This is a chance to fully utilize your experience and knowledge by overseeing custom metal structure projects like industrial work platforms, safety products, specialized material handling equipment, and even custom construction or infrastructure products.
Every day is different at WB Industries, where every project is a custom job and you can physically see designs come to life from implementation to fabrication.
WB Industries is seeking a Director of Engineering and Design to join their leadership team in O'Fallon, MO.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Salary negotiable based on your experience level.
- Full benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, vacation time, and more.
- Employee impact – Our skilled employees are the driving force behind WB Industries’ high-quality ratings and certifications.
- Award winning – WB Industries has consistently achieved the Boeing Performance Excellence Award (BPEA) since 2007.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Experience as a senior level mechanical engineer.
- Metal fabrication background.
- Ability to lead and manage an entire department.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Due to the nature of the business, must possess US Citizenship. No sponsorship available.
Click to apply
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Group, working actively on strategy deployment to support Company objectives
- Manage all direct report personnel and assures department objectives are maintained and exceeded
- Act as a backup for direct reports or plans appropriate staffing backups, when required, for critical activities to maintain all direct reports activities
- Assure utilization of ERP system to facilitate product realization downstream
- Plan, monitor and maintain internal engineering standards and practice expectations
- Provide oversight and ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Manage maintenance of all customer and customer contact information
- Review, develop and approve project estimate and proposal documents
- Maintain appropriate risk levels of quote opportunities
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customer contacts from point of opportunity forward
- Analyze quotes and designs for compliance with requirements
- Train and lead estimators on both current and innovative estimating techniques
- Develop, manage and communicate estimate strategies and lead the effort for continued growth
- Collaborate with contractors, suppliers and designers to ensure estimate accuracy
- Lead development of company’s project estimating process
- Complete lookback analysis to compare estimates to actual costs. Ensure estimates are revised accordingly
- Plan, monitor and analyze key metrics
- Ability to manage expectations and development of staff relating to CAD software’s. Solid Works, CATIA, others as needed
About the Company: WB Industries is a custom metal fabrication company located in O’Fallon, Missouri. We are a proven resource for quality custom solutions in metal and structural fabrication, welding, machining and tooling.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.