Are you an experienced maintenance leader that would enjoy being part of a dedicated management team with an industry leading manufacturer? Take advantage of this management career with an industry leading, essential manufacturer where you oversee the repair of maintenance of production equipment you won’t find anywhere else.
We are seeking an experienced Plant Maintenance Manager for our Veribest, TX manufacturing facility.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities –We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Four-year college or university program degree in relevant Engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, chemical or food processing), Industrial Management or other technical discipline required.
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving, strategy development, and implementation experience required.
- Experience implementing predictive/preventive maintenance programs.
- 5+ years Supervisory/Management experience in a manufacturing environment focused on process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at all levels and maintain a positive working environment.
- Strong computer application skills in a network environment.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Manages the staff, processes and activities for maintaining all plant machinery to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.
- Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed.
- Oversees maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling, work performance and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction and effective staff performance management.
- Monitors and continually improves maintenance processes and maintenance personnel performance to achieve enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Must be willing and able to perform confined space entry and rescue duties to include:
- Provide technical rescue standby for projects including confined space rescue as well as first aid and CPR.
- Assist in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with program standards.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over patient to EMS for medical attention and transport.
- Perform special confined space related duties, such as pass a fit test and maintain respirator qualifications.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.