How would you benefit from a CDL career with local routes allowing for daily home time? Earn great pay and benefits including a weekly bonus and safe driving bonus with a leading, essential manufacturer that supports the food industry. Feel good knowing that you won’t need to be concerned about job stability or miss a paycheck.
We are looking for a CDL A Driver to join our team in the Winchester area. You will be responsible for transporting raw material from assigned customer stops to assigned destinations using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks.
Why CDL Drivers enjoy being a part of our team:
- Home Time – our drivers experience excellent home time, getting home daily
- Competitive pay – Average weekly pay is $1000-$1200
- Safe Driver Bonus – Earn even more for your safe driving!
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Tuition Reimbursement - If you graduated in the last year, we will reimburse your CDL education up to $4,500 over the course of 3 years
- Training – You will receive paid training on the job to help prepare you for your role, but you will most likely be up and running in no time!
If you meet the following minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Valid Class A CDL license
- Minimum of one year commercial driving experience or be a recent graduate from an accredited truck driving school
- Clean driving record
- Tanker endorsement preferred, but not required at time of hire
- Efficiently pick up and deliver material while safely operating a commercial vehicle, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states. Includes loading and unloading material as needed
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections as required by DOT regulation and Company policy
- Must keep equipment clean and properly functioning
- Use on-board recording system, with a high level of accuracy
- Notify supervisor immediately of any and all accidents per Company policy
- Notify supervisor as soon as possible of any personal or professional traffic violations or accidents
- Contact supervisor/manager of all overweight trailers before leaving customer property
- Roll barrels and operate pumping equipment
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future. Valley Proteins, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.