How would you benefit from a more stable shop leadership career with a leading, essential manufacturer that supports the food industry? Imagine overseeing a skilled team of mechanics responsible for repairing and maintaining specialized fleet of vehicles. Take advantage of this opportunity where you will earn an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor to join our Dallas, TX team. This is a critical role responsible for performing supervisory duties to maintain the vehicle equipment so the transportation department functions with minimal down time and ensure parts are available and repairs are made quickly and correctly with efficiency.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Qualified candidates will have:
- Formal education and/or training in vehicle inspection, service and maintenance
- Two or more years of supervisory experience including recruiting and developing an effective vehicle maintenance team
- 2+ years of experience working in a truck shop in a mechanic role performing routine service and preventative maintenance tasks as well as troubleshooting problems and replacing worn or broken parts on vehicles
- Experience effectively utilizing vehicle electronic diagnostic software to determine and correct vehicle system failures
- Skill in the effective use of computerized maintenance systems such as SAP and On-board computer systems such as Omnitracs
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a valid class A CDL license
- Possess a valid inspection license (where required)
- Completes repairs, assesses repairs and delegates work assignments to mechanics
- Maintenance of all vehicle equipment in an effort to maximize productivity
- Effective use of equipment to minimize vehicle downtime
- Oversee the regular maintenance and service of straight trucks and tractor trailer units by performing repairs and maintenance to meet DOT standards
- Follows up on work in progress in VP truck shop, and third party vendors, to completion
- Assesses required maintenance and ensures parts are available
- Ensures mechanics are working safely and efficiently
- Reviews equipment after repairs for proper operation and safety
- Maintains open communication with all departments to ensure equipment is operating properly and serviced correctly
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.