How would you benefit from a more stable Mechanic career repairing and maintaining your own specialized fleet with a leading, essential manufacturer? Take advantage of this opportunity where you will earn an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for a Fleet Mechanic to join our Amarillo, TX team. This is a pivotal role where you will be responsible for supporting management with maintaining a first class commercial vehicle fleet.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – Average weekly pay is $900-$1100
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant mechanical experience
- Strong mechanical abilities relative to fleet
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding
- Valid CDL driver license
- Own tools
- Volvo/Mack Master Tech Certified and/or ASE Heavy Truck Certified
- High-level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs.
- High competence on all truck/trailer systems
- Perform scheduled service on all vehicles
- Perform inspections
- Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls
- Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights
- Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.