This is a fantastic opportunity to leverage your machine operation or mechanical experience and learn a valuable niche skill set that is in high demand, plus earn great pay and outstanding benefits!
You will never be bored in this Machine Operator role where you are working in a fast paced, ever-changing, and mentally challenging environment. Be part of a fast growing and stable industry where you can actually see and touch the finished product you made. Take pride seeing your work on the shelves in retail stores across the country!
ProAmpac, a leading global flexible packaging company, is searching for Machine Operators at their facility in Granite City, IL.
If you have previous machine operation experience in a manufacturing/production setting, or maintenance experience with manufacturing equipment, heavy equipment, military equipment, or similar, they want to hear from you!
Why join the ProAmpac team:
- Excellent pay – Based on experience and background.
- Full benefits package – Includes medical, dental vision, flex spending, paid parental leave, life, AD&D, disability, 401k with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, additional optional insurances, wellness program, safety shoe and eyeglass reimbursement, employee referral program, gainshare program, ProAmpac’s Employee Assistance Fund, and more.
- Advancement opportunities – The goal is for you to work your way up the ranks into roles like Assistant Operator, Main Operator, and more. Increase your pay and responsibilities over time.
- Training – You will work alongside other more experienced operators and train for several months before starting out on your own. However, you will always have support when you need it, and an onsite maintenance team available as well.
- Culture – This is a tight knit group that feels more like a small business with the benefits of a large corporation. ProAmpac is known for their compassionate and caring employee culture and shows it through programs like the Employee Assistance Fund, which the company and employees contribute to in order to help other coworkers in need.
- Company stability – ProAmpac is quickly becoming a leader in the global marketplace. They provide creative packaging solutions for the personal care, food, home, and pet industries as well as commercial packaging. They have won numerous industry awards for their innovative designs.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Click the Apply Now button to apply directly on the company page.
- Run Equipment: you will run and catch on a converting bag machine. You will perform any light maintenance that is needed on assigned machine and communicate any major issues to supervisor/lead.
- Follow Instructions: you will read, understand and follow all work instructions to produce product that meet standards (production, scrap and quality).
- Ensure Compliance: you will ensure departmental compliance with all certification requirements and will maintain good housekeeping practices in accordance with AIB/ISO standards. You will maintain quality of products being produced at or above the required specifications.
About the Company: ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with enhanced product offerings unparalleled in the industry. They are steadfast in an unwavering commitment to provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. They are guided in their work by four core values that are the basis for their success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.