Imagine leveraging your capital project management expertise with a 90 year old manufacturer that provides products to Fortune 500 companies. Experience an incredibly rewarding career where your expertise and performance can have an immediate impact on a well-known, reputable manufacturer.
Independent Can Company is seeking a Project Engineering Manager to join their team in Belcamp, MD. This is a critical role responsible for providing senior-level support and technical evaluation to the organization and team members on large capital and complex project management, process design, and vendor relations with-in assigned areas of responsibility.
ICC is an essential employer and actively recruiting and hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation – $85,000-$115,000/year plus bonus potential
- Excellent benefits – Including medical, dental, and vision coverage, HSA, short- and long-term disability, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship funds
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Great culture - Independent Can Company is a 3rd and 4th generation family owned and operated organization that was recognized as an honoree by the Baltimore Business Journal during the Best Family Owned Business Award ceremony.
- Safety is the number one priority.
- Interesting product line – Independent Can manufactures popcorn tins, Zippo lighter fluid, lip balm tins, candle tins, Swiss Miss hot chocolate tins, industrial tins for welding rods, and metal signs.
- Stability – The company has been in business 90 years and is still growing.
- 10+ years of experience in large capital and complex project management, product design, process design, and vendor relations
- Experience managing projects over multiple locations
- Experience in manufacturing is required with a preference to experience in the metal packaging industry.
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems. Communicating and adjusting as needed.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Independently travels internationally and domestically.
- Provides leadership and development for all Engineering functions
- May visit each company manufacturing location to audit installed equipment, with recommended safety, PM system, and process improvements.
- Communicates and works well with all departments to make recommendations on continuous improvement and optimizing equipment and process systems.
- Oversees and coordinates engineering analysis and design, and planning with-in areas of assigned responsibility
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the manufacturing processes that the company uses to produce product.
About the Company: Founded in 1929, Independent Can Company is a world leader in the manufacturing of specialty metal packaging and metal lithography. Privately held and managed by its principals, the company is an American manufacturer with a long history of success that has brought them to the technological forefront in can making.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.