Are you an experienced transportation professional that is passionate about customer service and safety? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our Linkwood, MD team. This is a high impact role responsible for managing a dedicated group of CDL drivers and a well-maintained, private fleet for an industry leader in the recovery and recycling of fats, food oils & proteins.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- High degree of knowledge and experience in the transportation industry including 3+ years of experience supervising operations and drivers along with routing, dispatching, and other general applicable transportation functions
- Knowledgeable of FMCSA regulations and Hours of Service rules
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, EOBR, Route Optimization, Dispatch Management, SAP, etc.)
- Class A CDL a plus but not required
- Schedules, distributes, monitors, and follows up all daily work assignments and ensures that the necessary resources are available to ensure that customers are serviced in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Performs daily tasks related to routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area while simultaneously maintaining compliance with both DOT rules and regulations and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Procurement and Marketing Representatives in both maintaining/growing the Valley Proteins’ customer base and addressing/resolving in a timely manner any service related issue that may arise.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Ensures that Valley Proteins’ drivers and contract carriers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations/policies and procedures.
- Monitors on-board recording device data to ensure all fleet units are operating properly; excellent equipment use and utilization; availability of drivers Hours of Service and related follow up; and route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting or exceeding established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of all performance related issues and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Supervises employees to include; coaching and counseling, driver training, and driver scheduling and overtime.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.