Imagine leveraging your electronics knowledge in cutting edge laser research alongside a world class team of other engineers, researchers and scientists. Enjoy developing brand new products and applications that will be used across a wide range of industries from biomedical to materials processing in a more rewarding and impactful career.
IMRA America, a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers is seeking an Electronics Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI. Experience a tremendous sense of accomplishment as you contribute to an already robust intellectual property portfolio of more than 160 national and international patents in this highly important role with a well-respected company.
Relocation assistance is available for a well-qualified candidate.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Competitive compensation
- Phenomenal benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short term/long term disability, Flex spending account, 401k with 4% matching and a wellness program.
- Great location – Ann Arbor is recognized as one of the best places to live in the US
- Potential for career advancement
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMRA wants to hear from you if you have:
- BSEE/MSEE with 3-5+ years’ relevant experience. Recent PhD graduate with strong educational performance will be considered.
- Experience interfacing analog circuits and digital peripherals with embedded micro-controllers.
- Experience with analog, mixed signal and closed loop designs using op-amps, DACs, ADCs and passive components, operating in a frequency range from DC to 1 GHz.
- Experience in PCB design using tools such as Altium or Eagle.
- Experience with programming of embedded microprocessors in C required.
- FPGA programming skills in Verilog preferred.
- Experience in optics/electro-optics is a definite plus.
- Good written/verbal communication and project documentation skills.
- Responsible for system level and board level analog/digital hardware design and software development projects for control of IMRA laser products.
- System engineering and integration of electronics with optical and mechanical subsystems.
- Determine user interface and safety requirements according to customer inputs and applicable national and international standards for functional safety, electrical safety, laser safety, and EMI/EMC.
- Perform design, simulation, and test of analog/digital circuit and software functions.
- Generate, revise, update, and document existing hardware/software configurations, including troubleshooting, repair, and improving of system functionality.
- Work with vendors and suppliers on custom quotations and to resolve delivery or performance issues.
- Coordinate with the quality department on safety and regulatory requirements, testing and certification.
- Support manufacturing, transfer designs from development to production and diagnose manufacturing problems.
About the Company: IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.