Take your mechanical ability to the next level working with a first class commercial fleet while earning great pay and benefits. Join an industry leader that supports the food industry. Feel good knowing that you won’t need to be concerned about job stability or miss a paycheck.
We are looking for a Fleet Mechanic to join our Linville, VA team. This is a pivotal role where you will be responsible for supporting management their fleet.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Variety – Work on different trucks every day, and never have a dull moment!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant mechanical experience
- Strong mechanical abilities relative to fleet
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding
- Own tools
- Volvo/Mack Master Tech Certified and/or ASE Heavy Truck Certified preferred
- Experience with engine/transmission rebuilds
- High level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs
- High competence on all truck/trailer systems
In this critical role, you will:
- Perform scheduled service on all vehicles
- Perform inspections
- Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls
- Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights
- Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.