Are you an experienced assembler with leadership skills that would like an opportunity to have a rewarding career with 3 day weekends every week? Imagine a unique career with one of the world’s largest equipment manufactures where you will earn great pay and work with an amazing team.
Seabee Cylinders, a leading cylinder manufacturer, is looking for an Assembly Department Leader to join their team in the Hampton, IA area.
Why you would enjoy working for Seabee:
- Competitive compensation – Earn $17/hr or more based upon experience plus overtime!
- Benefits package – Including medical, dental and vision, 401(k) with match, HSA, life insurance, long and short-term disability, PTO, and paid holidays.
- Stability – The company has been around since 1976 and has established deep roots within the community.
- Training – The company will pay you to get the necessary in-house training to be effective in this role!
- Company culture – Seabee is a diverse, family-like environment where you will get to know everyone you work with!
- Work satisfaction – Every day you will enjoy seeing the direct results of your work and how you make an impact!
- Schedule – Typical 2nd shift work week will be 4 – 10 hour shifts, 3 pm to 1:30 am, with 3 days off every week and opportunities for overtime.
In this role as an Assembly Department Leader you will be a working department leader who will assist in training new employees, facilitate team compliance with all safety regulations, company rules, and ensuring housekeeping duties are met consistently.
If you have manufacturing experience, effective communication and time management skills while managing multiple projects then Seabee Cylinders wants to hear from you!
As a department leader your essential duties will include:
- Assists assigned Production Supervisor in making customer requirements in quality and delivery dates.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, shapers and welding jigs.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications and provides documentation thereof.
- Responsible for having the appropriate Work Orders, verifying all material has been issued to the Work Order and turned in to the Production Supervisor upon completion.
- Closes all completed and some partial work orders.
- Maintain a personal productivity level of at least 90% and department productivity at goal level.
- Responsible for accuracy and entry of daily department Labor Cards.
- Ensures parts produced are stamped and maintains documented traceability to material heat and serial numbers.
- Operates electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Operates forklift to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Responsible for labeling secondary containers of cutting fluids, solvents, etc. used in work area.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Assists in performance management of department employees.
- Performs all work in a safety conscious manner. Be aware of dangers and takes all appropriate counter measures to protect yourself and others around you.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area consistent with the Company’s housekeeping policiesParticipation on a minimum of one committee (safety, continuous improvement, or others as created).
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply Now!
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company: Founded in 1976 and located in Hampton, Iowa, Seabee has been providing some of the world’s largest equipment manufacturers with hydraulic cylinders and engineered solutions for over 30 years. We are a fully integrated cylinder manufacturer; we have the capability to offer chrome plating and specialty steel castings to a wide array of industries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.