Imagine an entry level sales career that offers an incredible work culture, greater company support, and plenty of room for professional growth. This is a dream job for someone that enjoys developing customer relationships and is driven by greater opportunities to impact and improve processes.
MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services, is seeking a driven individual to join their team as an Entry Level Outside Sales Rep. This is traveling role with a company vehicle provided where you will be visiting customer sites in the Woburn, MA area.
Why join the MSC team:
- $34k/year salary plus commission plan (Successful candidates should expect to make $60k+ their first year)
- Comprehensive benefits package, in addition to company-matched 401(k) and associate stock purchase plan
- Company vehicle provided
- Extensive training and growth opportunities
If you have sales and/or customer service experience, this is a career you need to explore.
Please click Apply or email your information to: email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Penetrates accounts at both the functional and Executive level, working with District leaders and industry experts to design superior solutions for customers current and future needs.
- Provides cross-territory technical and sales expertise when needed.
- Instrumental in execution of MSC Collaboration projects and cross selling activities.
- Acts as a role model for all sales associates and consistently demonstrates MSC values and financial achievement.
- Works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up skills.
- Must achieve sales plan and account retention target.
- Identify and grow opportunities within the district through collaboration with Strategic Accounts, National Account, MSC sales, and Sales Management to insure growth achievement.
- Effectively communicate initiatives between multiple contacts within a customer
- Maximize the percentage of productivity through the utilization of multiple MSC Solution channels.
- Develops world class relationships with customers and delivers key components of the sales strategy, while being initiative to solve customer’s needs.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in acquiring customers by exceeding their requirements.
- Creates and delivers face-to-face sales presentations to strategic prospective clients that demonstrate knowledge of the latest products and services. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental financial and division targets.
- Stays aware of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position MSC in the marketplace.
- Develops the strategy of the sales territory, including identifying strategic partnerships, planning the development of a territory, and cultivating of local partnerships and organizational affiliations.
- Actively researches and generates new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, customer referrals, and partner relationships.
- Retains customer base by delivering and ensuring a superior customer experience.
- Maintains accurate and quality sales records and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Responsible for successful implementation of major company programs and initiatives.
- Assists or conducts prospect/customer surveys and conversions and set up of new customer locations.
- Secures and submits customer orders for processing utilizing wireless ordering technology.
- Develops pricing strategy for non-contract customers in conjunction with activities in accordance with company policies and corporate business conduct guidelines.
- Submits in timely manner, in the format requested, all written reports as required by management.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.