Are you a maintenance professional that would enjoy developing and implementing unique repair solutions on specialized industrial equipment? Take advantage of this career with an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to advance.
We are looking for a Plant Maintenance Mechanic/Refrigeration Technician to join our 2nd shift team in Mifflintown, PA. This is a pivotal role where you will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of plant and transportation departments’ refrigeration systems that use chemicals including but not limited to ammonia, freon, CO2 based gaseous mixtures, and petroleum-based solvents and lubricants.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – Average weekly pay is $1,100-$1,300
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
Do not let this opportunity pass you by! Apply Now!
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- HVAC or refrigeration certification (Detailed knowledge of ammonia-based refrigeration systems preferred)
- Ability to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs working at heights of 40 feet or more using proper PPE
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain all refrigeration equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs as needed to any pieces of plant production and/or refrigeration equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs to refrigeration equipment on company owned trailers. May be required to travel to site of truck or trailer breakdowns in order to perform repairs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform equipment installations, particularly equipment associated with ammonia based refrigeration systems.
- Ability to work effectively with third party contractors.
- Able to use computer for tracking work orders, repairs, parts, and labor allocation.
- Must have good communications skills to maintain good working relationships with transportation and production departments.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.