Are you a seasoned transportation professional that is passionate about customer service and safety? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our Linkwood, MD team. This is a high impact role responsible for managing a dedicated group of CDL drivers and a well-maintained, private fleet for an industry leader in the recovery and recycling of fats, food oils & proteins.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- High degree of knowledge and experience in the transportation industry including 3+ years of experience supervising operations and drivers along with routing, dispatching, and other general applicable transportation functions
- Knowledgeable of FMCSA regulations and Hours of Service rules
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, EOBR, Route Optimization, Dispatch Management, SAP, etc.)
- Class A CDL a plus but not required
Job Description/Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs with a high degree of urgency and work to professionally to deliver positive results
- Assign work, coach, train, and counsel drivers operating in designated geographical area
- Coordinate equipment repairs with shop and efficient utilization of fleet
- Monitor electronic onboard recording system
- Assist with driver recruiting and retention
- Keep management advised of route performance and issues
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.