Picture yourself as a top-earning mechanic with generous monthly bonuses, plenty of room for professional growth, and skill development. This is your opportunity to earn an above average income and experience a better overall environment in brand-new ergonomically friendly shop where your job is made easier and more efficient.
Excel Truck Group, a growing East Coast heavy truck dealership specializing in Freightliner sales and service, is searching for an experienced Diesel Mechanic for their Roanoke, VA location. With increased business, they are hiring both 1st and 2nd shift.
Why you should work for Excel:
- Strong compensation plus a $2,500 signing bonus and after hours service call bonus!
- $400 shift differential for 2nd shift per month
- Top Industry Wages based on experience plus a monthly performance bonus
- Excellent benefits – Multiple health plans to choose from with great coverage, dental, short and long-term disability, optional insurances, 401k with match, generous PTO, 6 paid holidays.
- High market share – Freightliner is one of the most popular brands of trucks on the road; and when those trucks need service, Excel has it! With this kind of high demand, you will always be busy and will financially benefit from the volume of business.
- Company growth and advancement – The organization has doubled in the last 3 years and continues to grow rapidly. Because of this growth, you can expect a long-term career here and potential for advancement into foreman positions down the road. Over half the managers here were promoted from within!
- Fun environment – Enjoy spending time with your colleagues outside of work with outings, baseball games, lunches, Christmas parties, and trips to Busch Gardens.
- Family-owned – Get to know the owners of the company! See how active they are within the organization and how much they care about their employees.
- Training – You will receive on-going, paid certified training from onsite Freightliner trainers.
If you have experience in heavy truck repair, this is a career you need to explore. Mack and/or Volvo certified is a plus!
Don’t let this incredible opportunity pass you by! Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs scheduled maintenance
- Ideally certified to perform State Inspections and CDL.
- Welds equipment as needed.
- Prepares shop work orders on equipment repair.
- Computer experience with a working knowledge of ADP ideal but not required.
- Cleans shop and surrounding work areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Willing to train and maintain certifications necessary as ongoing technician training and development.
- Able to embrace our Elite Support & Safety Culture.
- Must have your own tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.